Served in Mr. Brown restaurant, our chef of the month Chef Goldstein has chosen to share his Grilled Kohlrabi dish.
Kohlrabi is a versatile vegetable; when eaten fresh offers crunchy texture with a sweet and sour taste, but when grilled, it becomes creamy and nutty.
Grilled Kohlrabi Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 30 min
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 whole green kohlrabi
- 2 tablespoon pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet vinegar
- 2 tablespoon crushed hazelnuts
- 1 bunch chervil, chopped
- Vegetable oil
- Salt for seasoning
How to cook:
- Peel and cut the kohlrabi in half
- Slice the kohlrabi to long, 2mm thick slices
- Brush the slices with vegetable oil and grill them until they are light brown color with grill marks
- Place the grilled kohlrabi in a mix bowl and add all ingredients
- Season with salt to taste
- Arrange on a service plate and enjoy!